Saturday, February 7, 2009

Time, Space & the "In-Between"

This blog is gathering cobwebs with the passing of another year.

It was started about one year ago in 2008.

I am befuddled.

I use this word instinctively, not because I know what it means but because it sounds nice. I thought it has something to do with "fuzzy logic".

The dictionary definition for 'befuddled' is:

1. confused and vague: "used especially of thinking"; "muddleheaded ideas"; "your addled little brain"; "woolly thinking"; "woolly-headed ideas".

2. stupefied by alcoholic drink: "the wino's poor befuddled mind"; "a mind befogged with drink:;

3. perplexed by many conflicting situations or statements: "filled with bewilderment"; "bewildered and confused"; "a cloudy and confounded philosopher"; "just a mixed-up kid"; "she felt lost on the first day of school".

As a noun, 'befuddlement' is defined as a "confusion resulting from failure to understand". (SYN: bewilderment, obfuscation, puzzlement, mystification, bafflement, bemusement).

I think the word I have been searching is "befuddlement". I found it...but does it increase my understanding of so many things I do not understand?

Once again, I have become confused :(

An advice I often receive from friends is "If you cannot convince a person, confuse him". I am now the victim of an unhelpful advice.

I am now thinking aloud to look for opinions and views on the relevance of this blog.

Guest bloggers are welcome to enlighten me and those interested in the topic of "Time, Space, and what's "in-between" with comments or submit them as guest blogs.

Thank you for your active participation.

1 comment:

huasan71 said...

Befuddled ?? why you using such bombastic word, little wonder nobody dared to reply you.

All I know about time is this simple proverb I learned from school, "Time and Tide waits for No Man" not sure about woman though.

As for Space, all I know is outer space.

"In between" why are you still talking about this? I thought only youngster always think of in between haha

This make me remember about the oldies. When you are young you will do it the whole night but you get old already you will take the whole night to do it .