Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Yesterday was Friday, 13th February, 2009.

I was reminded of this dreaded day and date by my colleague as he was starting up the computer at the workplace.

So on every Friday 13th, I would tell myself "Today is the tomorrow you dread most yesterday on Thursday 12th"...

Yes, indeed. There were so many tragedies in history which occurred on Friday the 13th.

Just wondering if there is a list of all the Friday the 13th tragedies, calamities, through the decades and centuries.

Who are the people who believes that Friday the 13th a "lucky day"?

What happens to a person born on Friday the 13th? Will his life be "unlucky" for as long as he lives?

To each his own belief or interpretation. Friday the 13th, 9/11 or whatever date is just another day.

In Cantonese, the number 13 is a good number. It sounds like "sa sang" - 'sure to survive' : )

You are welcome to ramble about this topic here just for fun :)

3 comments:

huasan71 said...

Brother to me there is no such thing as Friday the 13th because I am a Catholic. I believe that anyday when upstair want you, you have to go so be prepared, don't get caught sleeping ha ha

Just only the other day I was reading about this 40 something. Just got promoted, got 2 nice kids and a very happy family and he is extremely happy with his life. Unfortunately his time was up and only 1 year later he was taken up by the Lord with liver cancel.

The moral of the story...we all must always "hapi hapi poon pee pee" bcos tomorrow hor may never comes for some.

Benwinner said...

James, I am a senior just like you but what I believe is to go beyond ramblings and reflections.

CARPA DIEM!Seize the day and do whatever your life's destiny is.

It is absolutely not true that as we age, the ending is near. As Huasan71 pointed out, 'game over' can anytime.

So seize the day!! The young should take this to heart too.

Raff said...

Hi James, I am Raffaella Nathan. I had the chance to speak to you when I wrote a Straits Times article about the 2017 Singapore River Festival. Would love to get in touch with you again for another short interview, outside of ST. If it is okay, I hope to share more details with you. My email is raffaellanathan@gmail.com. Please get back to me whenever possible. Thanks and have a nice day!

Warm Regards,
Raffaella